Developmental Gift Application
Update for July 2011 –
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline for Developmental Gifts for 2011 has now passed. We will not be accepting new applications until 2012.
The Giving Circle of Alexandria is in the process of accepting and reviewing applications from Alexandria’s not-for-profit organizations for Developmental Gifts of up to $5,000. These gifts are intended to support non-profits and initiatives that contribute to the success of Alexandria’s children.
If you are interested in applying for a Developmental Gift, please submit a letter of inquiry by July 15, 2011, to Kelly Donovan. Your letter should be no more than three pages, double-spaced and should address the following items:
- Name of your organization, location and contact information (please provide all contact information including phone, mail and email addresses)
- Your organization’s mission.
- How long has your organization been in existence?
- Who does your organization primarily serve?
- What specifically is prompting your request for funding?
- What is the annual budget for your organization and the project for which you are requesting support? If your project budget is greater than $5,000, please explain briefly how you expect to fund the remaining cost of the project.
- How will a Giving Circle of Alexandria Developmental Gift assist you in helping the children, youth and/or families of Alexandria?
- What outcome or benefit do you hope to achieve from your program/project for which you are requesting support? Please include the number of children, youth and/or families in Alexandria who will benefit from your program or project.
The recipients of this year’s Developmental Gifts will be decided and announced in October by the Giving Circle of Alexandria Board of Directors based on the letters of inquiry we receive by the July 15, 2011 deadline.