The Giving Circle of Alexandria invests strategically in Alexandria’s youngest children to enable them to reach their full potential.
All of Alexandria’s children reaching their full potential.
Prepare Alexandria’s most vulnerable children for kindergarten by reaching children who are not currently served.
- By 2015, double the number of preschool-age children in need that we are reaching now in 2012.
- Improve the impact of programs on parenting skills and kindergarten readiness
Connect women with each other so they can share their brainpower, ideas, talent and financial resources to benefit the community.
Here’s how we are achieving our goals:
- We use a thoughtful needs-based investment decision process to distribute grants where our collective donations can make a substantial difference. No one else has such a collaborative and “organic” process for identifying ways our community can work together to make the biggest impact.
- We use a combination of technology and events to educate our membership about Alexandria’s needs and initiatives.
- We offer flexible options for participation in The Giving Circle so members can be involved at the level that makes the most sense for them.