By Tricia | January 30, 2010
Here’s the list of books we need and there are several ways to help gather the books:
- Donate new and gift quality used books (without torn pages or writing) appropriate for K-6th grades. Bring your books to
- Purchase new books for the book drive at Hooray for Books in Old Town. Make your purchase by phone or in person and receive a 15% discount by mentioning “Summer Reading Packs.” Hooray for Books will store the books and deliver them to the Book Sort for you. How easy is that? HOORAY!
- Purchase new books from your favorite retailer.
Drop off your books, or have them shipped to Wright to Read, 414 N. Washington St., Ste.101, Alexandria, VA 22314. 703-299-9855. Note this is a NEW LOCATION.
Join Giving Circle Members and their families for an afternoon of shooting hoops and other basketball games as they raise money to purchase books for the Book Drive. Wright to Read can purchase books at a steep discount ,so money raised at these events will go a long way to helping us meet our goal of 1200 summer reading packs. You may also bring your own book donations to these events.
- Sunday, February 28 from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm at Burgundy Farm Country Day School
- Saturday, March 6 from 10:00 am to 12:00 before the St. Patrick’s Day Parade at the home of Jenny Considine, Jefferson Court, (between S. Pitt & S. Royal off of Wilkes St.)
- Hold your own Baskets for Books event. Contact Tricia Karppi to find out how!
PACK AND SORT BOOKS:
Join us Sunday, March 14 from 1-4 pm to pack and sort the books into the summer reading packs. Location: TBA.